Saturday, March 10, 2012

Easter Preview


I love the blog eighteen25.blogspot.com, and the other day they posted this . . . 
I immediately decided that I needed these cute vases in Easter colors to go with my Easter subway art.
So, off to the thrift store I went.  (I must have REALLY liked what she had done, because I even bought the almost exact same vases).  Anyway, the vases cost me all of $2.25. 
 I found some fun spring colors in paints I had at home.  I just used regular acrylic paint.  The trick here is that the paint needs to be thinned just a tad.  If you thin it too much, it doesn't stick, and if it's too thick, it doesn't spread evenly.  Green . . . too thin, yellow . . . too thick, pink . . . just right.  Third time is a charm right.  Just squeeze quite a bit of paint into the vase, and let gravity do most of the work.  Really, all you need to do is tip the vase in the right direction to get the paint where you want it.

Once everything is nicely coated, tip the vases upside down over night to dry.  This will help get rid of excess paint.
 I also got the frame for my subway art at the thrift store for only a dollar.  A coat of primer and a coat of white spray paint took care of it quickly.  Add the painted vases, and all finished!  See previous post for the Easter subway art image.

No comments:

Post a Comment