Saturday, January 7, 2012

styrofoam & crepe paper rosettes

What you'll need:
glue gun
crepe paper
styrofoam balls
some patience because this takes a while!


Rip about 18 inches of crepe paper, and begin rolling the paper.  I sort of fold it in half a little, and then start wrapping around the center. Use the glue gun to add small dobs of glue to attach everything together as you go.
 Once your rosette is finished, glue it to your styrofoam ball.  Continue until the styrofoam is covered.  This takes quite a bit of time and quite a few rosettes.
Find a place to display!  I put mine on top of my TV!  I found the subway art here: http://printable.tipjunkie.com/valentine-subway-art/
I purchased the frame at the DI, added a little paint, and matted the subway art with some scrapbook paper.  
Then I cut 2x4 blocks, painted them black, added some scrapbook paper I found at hobby lobby, and used my cricut to cut letters.  I glued on some buttons and ribbon to finish them off.  
The large candlestick I purchased at the DI for a dollar.  It was in rough shape, but a little sanding and spray paint made it look brand new.  The small candlestick is glass, and I found it at Dollar Tree.  I also spray pained that as well with Rustoleum paint and primer in one.  It works wonders!

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment