Tuesday, February 21, 2012

St. Patty's Day is on the Way

My goal this month:  Get working on more St. Patty decorations!

I had ZERO St. Patty day decorations last year, and decided I needed to be a bit more festive this year.  The pot of gold and shamrock tree was a piece of cake.  Basically the bones were already in place from my valentine heart tree, so I simply changed out the decor with some little things I found at hobby lobby.


 My lucky letters I picked up at wood connection, painted them green, added some paper, chalked the edges, and embellished with stickers and ribbon. The cute hat was also a wood connection piece.  You can't tell to well from the picture, but there is some really fun gold glitter on it!
 I bought this frame at the local thrift store for $2.00, gave it a good painting, added some subway art that I found online, and distressed it a little to match the Lucky letters. The pot of gold I got from Wood Connection, and I just added some fun gold glitter and a little paint to it.
I know this is VERY slim!  So, my goal is to continue to add to the collection.  On the docket . . . a St. Patty's day ribbon topiary, teacher gifts, and who knows what else.

No comments:

Post a Comment